We seek to achieve our vision by inspiring and equipping adventure travelers, as well as empowering our local partner communities.
The traveler is able to “use what they know, to do good as they go” and create sustainable impacts by leveraging their own professional skills. The foundation facilitates this, by finding optimal matches for the traveler with our growing network of partner communities around the world, who have asked for, and support on-going volunteer training programs and relationships.
Our Muskoka communities are supported through partnerships with committed local and international organizations, and a focus on building beneficiary’s skills and independence through training workshops and access to global markets.
Our training workshops are provided for both children and adults in entrepreneurship, IT, photography, arts, sports, music, and many other locally relevant topics.
Our market access programs support musicians, artisans and local producers to take the assets they are creating, and bringing them to larger markets where they can achieve greater returns.
Through our extended network of 200+ change agents roaming the planet, The Muskoka Foundation hopes to touch over 40 communities in the next five years.
We will have a positive impact on the developing communities around the world, by supplying the fleet of explorers with:
- the inspiration and know-how for making a positive trip,
- subsidized vehicles to help them get out into the field,
- volume sourced donation materials for them to leave as they go,
- funds to support their efforts
- partnership with existing organizations that can leverage their on-the-ground efforts
- toolkits supporting key practice areas of development, including: